If you're reading this, YOU'VE BEEN HAX!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam!

+11
wildcat23
AdventurousFurball
APillow
ParthikB
Erbsenzähler
Klerta
debaro
PeaceOops
chhabdaanveet
frecklebars
Briljasan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam! Empty Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam!

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:06 am

Yo guys,

long story short, a bunch of channels are getting together to make a huge game jam, if you do not know about it & want in depth details about it, here is the link, https://itch.io/jam/cgj

But before we get into the thick of it, let me address a couple of really important things:

1. Why use a crazy old forum? In my personal opinion, a crazy old forum is the best way to wrangle & manage a bunch of conversation in parrallel, this is probably due to my age, but there are so many features that only a crazy old forum can offer.
  2. How will such a huge team break up the prize if we win? Well if you join my team, you wont have to worry about that because you will be prize disqualified. 😅 Now please listen carefully, if you want to win that sweet sweet prize bounty, I highly recommend you NOT joining my team & finding another team or riding this one solo, for my ambitions to do this is purely for fun, & for a learning experience.

Anywho, I thought it'd be fun & interesting to try & gather a bunch of people from this community to just pool together game dev labor to make something cool. I am looking for all positions, from Artists, to Programmers, to sound designers, to producers, to hype men & women, whatever! The more the merrier! You can contribute as little or lot as you wish! Want to just be on the game ideas team & then once that is decided, have no responsibility? You're more than welcome. Want to just write a single script or draw a single sprite & leave, we welcome you. The idea is to develop some simple game idea over the span of a week, but have fun while doing it.

you wrote:But Jabril isn't this just going to be a huge mess?

Why, yes it is, but it is going to be a beautiful huge mess! & we are all going to learn from the process. I think its possible to create something cool if the organization is right, I mean we have a full week.

So, if you are interested in joining, request to join this user group (you'll need to register, I apologize) & ill accept you a little bit later, then you'll have access to the secret planning forums!

What are you waiting for let's do this & have some fun! 😁

Last edited by Briljasan on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

http://jabrils.com

Back to top Go down

Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam! Empty Re: Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam!

Post by frecklebars Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Sounds like fun! I'm down! Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to contribute much with code but I'll be more than happy to do artworks/sprites/anything related to art and even help with ideas and such Very Happy
frecklebars
frecklebars
Generating... *.txt

http://egrilledcheese.ml

Back to top Go down

Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam! Empty Re: Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam!

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:43 pm

that is completely fine! Request to join the group & lets get you on board! 😁
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Lets Make a MEGA TEAM for the Community Game Jam! Empty excited

Post by chhabdaanveet Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

It will be fun

chhabdaanveet

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceOops Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:38 pm

C++ / Python / PHP coder reporting in. Just picked up Unity 2 weeks ago thanks to your videos and already making working games. I have no idea how I might be able to help, but I got a computer and keyboard. I'm in.
PeaceOops
PeaceOops

Back to top Go down

Post by debaro Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:53 pm

lazy batch coder checking in, i know the basics of most languages, but im most fluent in batch and a bit in python and c++, learnin python and c++ now atleast. Wouldn't probaly be the best of help in the coding, but ill maybe have some ideas of the story, and this could help me learn some shit here and there since codn' is cool n shit.
debaro
debaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm

PeaceOops wrote:C++ / Python / PHP coder reporting in.  Just picked up Unity 2 weeks ago thanks to your videos and already making working games. I have no idea how I might be able to help, but I got a computer and keyboard. I'm in.

Welcome aboard soldier. Glad to have you 👍

debaro wrote:lazy batch coder checking in, i know the basics of most languages, but im most fluent in batch and a bit in python and c++, learnin python and c++ now atleast. Wouldn't probaly be the best of help in the coding, but ill maybe have some ideas of the story, and this could help me learn some shit here and there since codn' is cool n shit.

We need you! be sure to join the Community Game Jam user group!
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by Klerta Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi, I am just a guy who knows c# and can work with the unity engine. I would love to take part in this!

Klerta

Back to top Go down

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Klerta wrote:Hi, I am just a guy who knows c# and can work with the unity engine. I would love to take part in this!

Welcome aboard! Head over to the Community Gam Jam forum that you now have access to, & just start shouting you opinion 😅
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by Erbsenzähler Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:15 pm

I'd like to try my hand at writing a little code. I took a programming class at the local college last quarter for funsies and want to see if I learned anything useful.

Erbsenzähler

Back to top Go down

Post by ParthikB Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Hey there, I Don't know what will I contribute here cause I know Machine Learning and you're cool and I M ON BOARD..!
ParthikB
ParthikB

Back to top Go down

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 pm

ParthikB wrote:Hey there, I Don't know what will I contribute here cause I know Machine Learning and you're cool and I M ON BOARD..!
brilliant, be sure to join the community game jam usergroup so that we can get you on board!
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by APillow Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Sorry I might be a bit too tired, but I am having a bit of a struggle to find where to join lol. I just ask here? Sorry about that, lol. In any case, I want in. Let's do this!
APillow
APillow
Generating... *.txt

Back to top Go down

Post by Briljasan Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm

you can join the conversation here! https://youvebeenhax.forumotion.com/g4-community-game-jam-08-24 (click join group)
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by APillow Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Ah, there we are. Thank you!
APillow
APillow
Generating... *.txt

Back to top Go down

Post by AdventurousFurball Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 am

Here I am, a beginner Python coder.

AdventurousFurball

Back to top Go down

Post by AdventurousFurball Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 am

So what do we do once we've joined?

AdventurousFurball

Back to top Go down

Post by wildcat23 Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:55 am

I doubt I’ll be able to help as my programming and artistic skills are limited, but I’d like to hang around and watch the development process as it’s happening.

wildcat23

Back to top Go down

Post by jzbor Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:11 am

Hey, I know I'm a bit late (don't know how long the jam is on). If you could use someone with python, java and a bit of bash/linux and android skills - I would be glad to help. Smile

jzbor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briljasan Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:43 am

AdventurousFurball wrote:So what do we do once we've joined?

Once you've joined, head over to the Community Game Jam section & add to the conversation! We really need votes, submissions, & opinions on this topic ATM 
https://youvebeenhax.forumotion.com/t23-submit-vote-for-our-jam-idea-ends-sunday-night-pt
Briljasan
Briljasan
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bashar9098 Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Last edited by Bashar9098 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bashar9098

Back to top Go down

Post by Distech Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Still waiting for the access to the Community Game jam section!

Distech

Back to top Go down

Post by APillow Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:03 pm

Distech wrote:Still waiting for the access to the Community Game jam section!
In order to see it you have to join this group.  
Briljasan wrote:you can join the conversation here! https://youvebeenhax.forumotion.com/g4-community-game-jam-08-24 (click join group)
I think the application to join might need to be manually accepted, so it might take a while.
APillow
APillow
Generating... *.txt

Back to top Go down

Post by Markis_Jr. Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:50 am

Honestly hyped and I would love to contribute and learn as much as possible! But for some reason I can join the gamejam group automatically without requesting access but then it still says "you need special permission" when I try to access the thread relating to what topic the game should be on.
EDIT: I was being an idiot...

Last edited by Markis_Jr. on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Markis_Jr.
Markis_Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdventurousFurball Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 am

Checked out the ideas and stuff on the thread but at the bottom there's a message saying one of the ideas has won and now the thread is closed, so what now?

AdventurousFurball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next